Wednesday, September 23, 2009

This will make you laugh.....

So sorry that I haven't put time into catching everyone up but I had to share some really funny things that both Dave and I have had happen:

1) the driving is DEFINITELY dangerous here. However, even more dangerous may be sitting randomly in a parked car for an hour by our mission office on any given morning. So, this morning David and Cooper were in the car waiting for someone to arrive and unlock the doors to the office at 6:30ish and a man walks up and looks into the car window. You would have to see our car ....but for safety reasons we have our windows tinted soooo black that you couldn't possibly see in. Therefore , this fellow was all up on the window trying to see in. David wasn't quite sure how to shoo (sp?) him away and so he turned on the windshield wipers ...while the guy was peeking into the window... Maybe you have to see how carefully we have to travel to think this was hilarious .....but personally , I thought David showed some quick thinkin' reflexes.... don't know what I would have done. Something much more lady like I'm sure...like laying on the horn to say ....HEY >>>SOMEONES IN HERE>>>tooo funny !

2) one of our PRECIOUS little guys dumped bobby pins in the toilet and then tee tee'd in the potty. David was convientely at work, Cooper was as well ....Jacob and ...even Grayson (I was desperate) were at school . So, with no one around to help me and not knowing how to say "plumber please" in espanol.... I , yes, had to grit my teeth and reach into the tee tee to fish out all of the bobby pins - yuck !

3) Same day..... I took the little guys to a grassy spot near our house for a picnic. The woman who lives around the corner from me comes over clicking large tablespoons together and makes scooping motions with them. I couldn't make out what she was saying and thought she was telling me that there was poo poo under my blanket. I moved the blanket, tried to make dog ears ..saying " poo" ...there's poo here?" ... FINALLY ... I understood that she was inviting me to her house for some lunch... I was so humiliated that I told her no thank you ...we'd already eaten and held my breath until she was out of ear shot. Then , I laughed so hard sitting there all by myself.... I'll probably never get another invitation to eat with her again....she's probably thinking...wow! loco gringo !

So, there you have it .... culture adjustment can be down right hilarious at times.... I never realized that my face could turn soo many shades of red.... Anything from trying not to explode on short patience to getting a dinner invitation confused for poo poo under my picnic blanket !!!
Hope you're laughing with us ,
Mel

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Laughing with you, funny girl. In our Beth Moore study she was identifying humor as a way we cope. Thank God for laughs, smiles, and humor at just the right time!

The Warden Family said...

John and I are sitting on our new couch laughing at your story! The story is a little scary for me though because that could have and could be me any day now!! We just got our own internet in our house finally and our connection is SO much better than before. Get ready to skype girlie!!

Ashley said...

I love your stories!! I'm sure there will be many more. :) Love you guys!