Friday, February 6, 2009

How Did This Happen?


I am now the mother of a legal teenage driver. (pause...sigh) 

How did his happen? 

When you are given children you know that they will most likely grow up and literally pull out of your driveway while you can only stand by and watch. Let me tell you that actually having them PULL OUT OF YOUR DRIVEWAY for the first time in your family car will make your life go flashing before you. As I stood on the porch waving goodbye to my 3 older children (with NO adult in the car ) Tuesday for a trip to the gym my emotions were somewhere between "this isn't fair" and " how could I be this OLD?!" After sitting on my sofa and catching my breath (plus wiping a few tears ) I have come to the conclusion that life just IS.... it IS whatever God decides it to be for that day... whatever the day brings. It's not about my age or the newly acquired drivers license of a child/ growing adult person.... it is ALL about God and what he is accomplishing in not only my life but in my child. After the initial shock of watching this drama unfold from teary eyes on Tuesday am I slightly surprised to see that I have been given a HUGE breath of fresh air .... it's just gonna be all right the Lord said to me. Today... I choose to agree.... Lord, it's all good and whatever you decide...it's just gonna be alright...older age, older children, the whole "giving them wings so that they can fly " thing.... I trust you Lord ! 

No comments: