Thursday, May 22, 2008

If April Showers bring May flowers......





If April Showers bring May flowers then what do May flowers bring? For our family it has brought a season of wonderful changes, adjustments and tidings of great joy! In just a manner of a few weeks we have sold our family business, moved into our "mission house" and therefore left a home that has great marks of Gods work in our lives inside it ( a little sad to leave for mom),seen our support for Guatemala continue to grow ( we are at 10% as I type this ) and are beginning to see that we can make plans to be in Nicaragua for field training in Sept. Our organization wants to see us at about 50% and we have great hopes in arriving at that and attending. We will be in Nicaragua for 3 weeks with the WHOLE family. This will be a hard trip in some ways. The poverty in this country is sooo extreme. Cooper and I traveled there last year and I can still smell even the stench in the communities where they have NOTHING! This awful truth also drives my heart to return and to seek out change there. I KNOW that Gods plan is not to leave it tomorrow as it was today just as he desires for our own lives. What a great question to end this post with... Am I different today than yesterday? If not, what am I going to do with Gods invitation for change?

Just a little note on the end as well.... I have just heard of Steven Curtis Chapmans family losing their 5 yr old daughter in a horrible car accident which also involved their teenage son. Please join our family in prayer as this wonderful family of God has to walk through such a horrific tragedy.

By faith I believe,
the May flowers (Evans)

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Great update! So glad things are progressing. We'll be out of town thru the 7th, but would love to get together when I return!

Alexis said...

HEY AGIN!that's a good pic. of u and Tyler grayson!KEEP ON ROCKIN'!