Sunday, June 8, 2008

God So Desires to Love On You Today!

It's interesting the way that God strokes our shoulders, rubs our heads, holds us to his chest .... all of the things that we do as parents to physically comfort our children... I am finding that God does the same to comfort this child (me) as well.

We have moved into our wonderful home that God has provided. We have been loaned a car to use the remainder of our time here in Rome while we clean, park and sell our van. We have been given meals unexpectedly(thank you !!!) which come perfectly in timeing. We have been given plants for our yard. We are reviving sickly sod( my husband is sooo talented) ...it is truely AMAZING! All of this and somehow I still felt a little twitch in my heart. What is this I wondered? How could a much loved child of Gods' have a twitch in her heart that needed something else after ALL that we'd been given ?! ... Prayer.... that was the twitch! Thank you to all of the girls who included me in a precious time of fellowship , bizarre "book talk" ( which was only bizarre because I didn't know about the SHACK before getting together...heehee) and encouragment to share the very different road we're on which is not really different ... it's just a journey in Spanish(smile). I arrived with a twitch and left with an encouraged spirit . As I type this I have to say that although it's June and almost 100 degrees somehow that makes me sound like the Grinch! (opps!) I hope that if you have a little "twitch " in your heart, a little "ping" of an empty love tank .. that you'll take this truth and share with those around you ... ask for prayer... God so desires to love on you today... and since we ( the believers in Jesus )are to be his hands and feet.... get movin' .... get talkin' ... just hang out ! After all, it is summer!!! whoo-hooo!

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Hey there! I have been thinking about you all week. I have another Summer book study opportunity for you. call me! :-)

picturesofhisgrace said...

I am so excited to find your blog. Kevin has told me all about what's going on with you and your family. Your kids have grown so much. I so enjoyed seeing the pictures of them. You will find my crew at picturesofhisgrace.blogspot.com. I need to update my blog, but haven't had a lot of time.---karen