Thursday, June 26, 2008

We're still here! ...and still blogging.

okay... I give up ! I'm trying to post pictures of our house remodeling but can't get the photos to post... so I'll to try again later. I have mentioned in our newsletter for everyone to check out our house here because it really is amazing.. However, for the last 2 weeks I have tried to upload my photos with no luck. Meanwhile, we've had a TON of awesome things going on and need to updated everyone.
1. We LOVE our small space! What started as a "what are we doin?" has ended with a "why didn't we do this sooner?" Our children LOVE their "little brown house". I LOVE to clean our little brown house, the older guys and David LOVE to work on projects at our little brown house,etc... That saying,big things come in small packages is really true!
2.our church had VBS last week and we all had a blast! Somehow, they (our church) managed to be sooo sneaky that they surprised us by collecting $1326.52 to go towards our ministry funds. The children brought in their money all week that they had collected and I was completely SHOCKED ! ( David was in on it the night before) I could only cry tears ... I was so humbled by the moment. All week I had been watching the children stuffing money into their classes jar. When the church presented us with the gift I honestly could see the little faces that I had sat and watched that week carefully putting in their change. WOW!
3.Another church called and said that they were having a mission challenge presented to their kids and we were the ministry that they were going to help out. WOW again!
4.I met the mother of a friend who travels with her husband to do ministry in Guatemala twice a year! She was amazing! One of her daughters is serving the Lord in Guatemala and I was able to have lunch with her. She was able to give me LOTS of info that will be great to have as we get settled in. The more wonderful news is that she will only be living about 10-30 minutes away from us!
Lastly, we are up to 30 % on our support raising endeavors! This is wonderful to us and we are grateful to our team mates who are sending us out! If you think that you might be interested in sending us off or keeping us on the field with a monthly pledge you can find us at www.fh.hcstaff.org. Just look for us by last name ...EVANS FAMILY.
One last thing, I was challenged by a thought today and wanted to pass this challenge on to you ( whoever "you" are)... Are you procrastinating about acting on something God has spoken to you ? .... forgiveness, confession, acceptance, encouragement.... What if your procrastination ended today?
Hmmmmm..... it got me thinking.

Getting busy,
the Evans

No comments: