Friday, June 27, 2008

To God Be the Glory ...Great Things He Hath Done!

....If you do away with the yoke of oppression, with the pointing finger and malicious talk, and if you spend yourselves in behalf of the hungry and satisfy the needs of the oppressed, then your light will rise in the darkness, and you night will become like the noonday. The Lord will guide you always, he will satisfy your needs in a sun-scorched land and will strengthen your frame. You will be like a well-watered garden, like a spring whose waters never fail.Isaiah 58:9-11

I wish that you could see David and I at our PO BOX.We really are like two children. Right or wrong, we behave like we are waiting for that one special gift you asked for at Christmas. The gift that everyone is hiding until they've watched you sweat it out and graciously accept all the other things that you didn't ask for when the question "What do you want for Christmas ?" was proposed. We almost break into a run to get to the box.
To spare you the ugly details.. today was different. I was running this sacred PO BOX run solo. I had my worship music on to a hip-hop Jesus piece, it is Friday and the sun is out, windows are down. I even sprung out of my car with an enthusiasm that caught myself and a total stranger off guard. What would be in the box? Anything?....no, nothing!

I was really pathetic getting back into the car. The sun was still shinning, windows were still down.However, I changed the music to a little David Crowder Band (mellow with deep lyrics) and the tears came. Now, I want to stop here because I DONT want you to stop here. Please keep reading. The intention is to bring you into my car so that you can get a glimpse of what God did for us today. Anyway, I am leaving the post office and began a prayer basically like this. Lord, YOU alone cause the winds to blow. Lord, YOU alone cause the waves to rise. Lord, you alone have given me life and even bigger still....you have given me ETERNAL life. Lord, YOU alone have given me this day...not for Guatemala...but for here and the people you mesh us with TODAY. God forbid me not to miss the blessing of today by seeking so much of tomorrow that this is gone...the feeling of knowing our souls thirst for a land we do not yet know ...led and inspired by a God whom we DO know and trusting you to take us out each day and to be your hands and to be your feet. In your timing God ....all of it ...only in YOUR timing. ....Amen.

I'll wrap this up quickly. A beautiful time of worship led me to an incredible day of peace and contentment and opened me up for my family to be amazingly blessed....Summit Baptist Church held their VBS this week. They chose us for their mission project and called us this afternoon to say that they have raised 5,840.00 on our behalf....Was brokenness essential for worship today? It was at the Evans home. Deep brokenness was met with great GLORY.

To God be the glory, great things he hath done!
We love you all!
Blessed and Refreshed,
Evans family

PS. This donation today made 7,140.00 given to us by vacation Bible schools....never consider ANYTHING that God is invited to as a small possiblity.

3 comments:

The Warden Family said...

Thank you for your wonderful post! I struggle too with living for the future instead of seeing what God has for us before we leave for the field. What a wonderful blessing from the VBS!!!! The money truly does come vertically and not horizontally. (I started reading the book you suggested!) Love you guys!

Jennie Warden

Mom of Eleven said...

Praise be to God, those pennies and dimes given by children somehow will mean more than any large check written. It is ALL from God and He deserves the glory.
wendy

Jennifer said...

INCREDIBLE!