Saturday, August 9, 2008

Summer- Going...going....gone

Wow! Where does time go? Is it just me or does it seem like every summer begins with visions of laying by water, the children playing endlessly outside with no bedtimes, no laying out clothes for a busy next day, the family having ALL of our dinner meals together, great bar-b-que ...and then...summer is gone! Back to school, bedtimes, laundry is back at the TOP of the t"to do" list... but AHHH.... schedules return. There is something so comforting to me that occurs when I can PLAN for the next day and be pretty sure that we won't deviate toooo far from it. This summer has been a very FULL season for us. Just some of the things that have taken me away from blogging (and staying up late into the evening to blog):

*Our oldest boys went to Argentina. They came home VERY sick. Jacob was in the bed w/fever,etc 7 days and Cooper for 9! (scary)
*My nephew was married to a wonderful and beautiful young lady.
*Cooper has gotten braces
*Grayson is having a little minor outpatient surgery
*David built some swing sets and tire swings in our back yard (VERY FUN)
*Jacob started playing football
*Grayson has a Saturday job
*David and our older boys went on a rafting trip
*and planning for 6 children to be home schooled next year (two in high school) whew! It's really amazing that I got anything other than this done! but I'm grateful for the opportunity !

Life is good ! God is AMAZING ! I hope that you will look forward to scheduling, school supplies, birthday parties, football and cooler weather! I know that we are!

1 comment:

Virginia Janet said...
This comment has been removed by the author.