Monday, December 22, 2008

Confession of a Home School Mom

Okay, I have a confession... even though I am a home school mom ....I am TERRIBLE at math!!! So, David ( who is AMAZING with numbers and life in general) is not here to calculate the percentages from our report to update you tonight! - I can tell you that we are only $6,000 away from our OUTBOUND budget. THIS IS A HUGE PRAISE!!!! Thank you Lord ! We are still needing our monthly support partners to grow. HOWEVER, we are thrilled to be up to about 49-50% . I will give you the official numbers soon. If you feel inclined , we would be grateful if you would join us in praying that this number grows from the many seeds that the Lord is scattering in regards to his love for the people of Guatemala and the Evans family in sending us overseas on our fathers behalf. We are humbled.

On a funny note.... I overheard two of my teenagers talking in the kitchen about the third one who had offended one of the two ( are you still with me?) I heard " Ah, you know you still love him? " .." HUmmm" .... "Ah, come on. Down deep inside you love him." ..... Yeah, okay ...maybe....way, way, way deep down inside."...... I couldn't help but giggle to myself and tell myself at least they didn't say NO. It's the SMALL words of love that are encouraging when you have 3 teenagers all three years apart.

melinda

No comments: