Saturday, December 20, 2008

Schools out for Christmas! I'm back to blogging



Wow! Is it really possible that the whole month of November and most of December have gone? That's what's on the calendar and we do have a Christmas tree up so... it must be true! Our family has been soo busy since I came back from China. What an amazing trip that was ! Truly, my most exciting adventure so far. We were able to be a part of 4 people beginning their walk with God and our friends have just emailed that 16 more have come to know the Lord! Plus they have held a translation class for villagers from many different areas of China! Gods' word is going out !!!! This is HUGE and we praise God with them for what they are witnessing there!

Here, at the Evans home, we have had a really different holiday season. Different in great ways. For Thanksgiving , our family(David , the children and I) shared Communion together. It was beautiful. We read the Communion passages from the Bible and went around the table sharing what we were thankful for. Precious. We were able to travel to Chattanooga, Tn and participate in the writting of the 30 year anniversary edition Bible for NIV. They are compiling every verse of the Bible in handwriting from individuals all over the country. This Bible will be available in the Fall of 2009. Grayson and I both wrote a verse. This was so exciting to me... We went from there to Build a Bear and our little guys and Grayson stuffed bears and rabbits, gave them hearts and little voices. Eli loves to make his bear growl right when he gets into bed. I was getting on to him for continuing to push the paw when he so sweetly looked at me and informed me that he was just saying "good night". Of course, why didn't I understand that ?

And all of the fun continues..... as of yesterday at 1:00 we are out for Christmas ! I think that I might be more excited than the children. I have a ton of plans... scrapbooking, reading, making a blanket with Grayson, making cookies...nothing that has to do with a text book for TWO weeks!!!

Things are growing by leaps and bounds with our ministry support! We receive our weekly reports on Monday so I will post where we're at Monday night ( since we have no school !!SMILE) . We also have heard that if we have our support at 100% by May 3rd then we can almost be sure that we will land in Guatemala JUNE of 2009!!!!!!!! It takes 30 days to process our visas, get tickets, pack our 16 Rubbermaid tubs (smile), to stop pinching ourselves, etc... this is a call from the Lord that has been working itself out in David and I for about 8-9 years now. We are Sooo ready to go! If you are a part of our team BLESS YOU ALL for jumping on board !!!! Thank you for allowing us to ALL be a part of what God is doing in Guatemala. If your not a part and desire to be WONDERFUL ! You can sign up and find out about us at www.fh.hcstafflist.org... just look for the Evans family. You can also google Food for the Hungry and read up on the wonderful things this amazing organization is doing to share the gospel of Christ in the hard places of the world in really unique and practical ways. In my words, they are changing hearts through changing lives.

Praise be to God from whom ALL blessings FLOW,

m

1 comment:

picturesofhisgrace said...

I get so excited for you guys when I read about what God is doing to get you guys ready. I count it a blessing to know you and be able to spend time with you all on occassion. Those three little ones are precious. It brought such joy to watch them watch the Christmas parade. And of course I am so amazed at how much the older three have grown over the last few years. God is sending out a wonderful family who will bring glory to Him! Love you guys!