Friday, July 3, 2009

I have loaded a ton of photos from our adventures so far in the month of June. These last two post of photos has taken me almost 10 hours to load so please read and enjoy like your either eating an expensive piece of chocolate or your LAST piece of chocolate for a while(smile) Just kidding about the chocolate part. I do hope that you enjoy a peak into our adventures ..... living life in awe of God's grace and mercy in Guatemala, 
The Evans


I couldn't resist taking this photo. The other day I walked out of my bedroom and Jacob was scaling the INTERIOR/EXTERIOR wall of our house. Cooper was already up on top of the roof and due to the ENORMOUS competitive side that I have ...yep, I ended up scaling it too. The same way that Jacob did. You wouldn't believe the incredible view of the volcano Aqua from up there! Very cool! 
This is David loading up his phone with pre paid minute. Very expensive and frustrating. 
This is the same "home????" that is in the photo below. Below is a photo of it in the daytim. This however is a photo of it on a Friday night rented out as a castle for a birthday party. Unbelievable ! Someone was turning 40 from the states and they rented this place for his party and everyone came dressed in midevil dress. So, if you've gotten tired of all of the "regular" birthday places and you've got a big one coming up.... why not visit us in Guatemala , rent a castle and really throw a birthday party. No blow up toys here needed !!!!!


These are some of our FH staff from the Nebaj area of Guatemala. They came into Antigua for a vacation and so we had a dessert/coffee night at our house. Very fun! 

5 comments:

Kate said...

This is Greg. How can i email you guys?????? Everyone says you don't do email...i don't believe it. I didn't know i could write though this blog, i hope you get it. OK, i'm over my frustration..you guys seem to be doing so well. We are so jealous, is there a job for us???

Before i write too much please let me know if you get this and i will do this again.
Greg

Susan Paterson said...

YOU MET JULIANNE!!!!!!!!! SHE GOES TO MY CHURCH AND I HAVE KNOWN HER SINCE HIGH SCHOOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh my gosh! I knew she was in Guatemala with your organization but never DREAMED YOU MEET! THAT IS SO FLIPPING COOL!!!!!!!!!

TPreston said...

LOVE the climbing on the roof story! that is a big part of my childhood! My best friend and I would get green mangoes and a slat shaker and climb up wither in the tree or on the roof and talk for hours. Amazing, And, I LOVE the new coffee ministry! :) Y'all are simply the BEST.

TPreston said...

Oops, sorry for all the mis-spells...should be "salt" and "either" not slat and wither! ha ha!

Allan said...

Hello Evans family,

It's Julianne and Allan Wiebe, do you remember us? We were the 2 Canadians doing short term volunteering with FH and came over to your house in Antigua. We are coming back to Antigua this Saturday (just for 2 days) and were wondering if you'd be interested in meeting up again on Sunday (Aug 16). We'd love to visit your church or just get together for coffee. You can email us at allanwiebe@gmail.com or phone us at 51639886. Hope to hear from you!