Thursday, July 2, 2009

And So It Continues.....




We have found the Guatemala version of Las Palmas- even more delicious than at home believe it or not. 
Las Palmas is a "by candel light " resteraunt here. Lots of ambionace.
Some days you need LOTS of team work. Jacob and I found this group of ants carrying a corn flake. We just had to crack up. There was one on each side of the flake. Somehow it makes you feel better to know that it takes 4 ants to carry a corn flake and it takes all 8 of us to do MANY things here also.
Grayson braved getting a hair cut with a salon where they spoke NO English. I was so proud of her ! 

The voting was a great success ! Thank you to everyone who lifted us up in prayer regarding this decision and for the gals that sent comments. EVERYONE was in agreement to option #2 and so staying with democrocy (and GREAT revelation from the Lord-smile) we are going with AN option #2. We are so fortunet (thanks to many prayers) that we have been put into contact with a REAL ESTATE agent here in Guatemala. He is the gentleman who found our friends home (the neighbors that we would have in opt #2). I didn't want to tell you that the North Americans in option #2 are some dear friends that the Lord has brought our way. Thier kids are our kids ages and along with one other couple who we met when the three of us get together we have a party of 27 !!!! The other couple has 10 children (actually 9 but they have one who is hanging out with them for the summer from the states ). This has been amazing to be with them. They have all been here for the exact amount of time as us and we are all "adjusting" together.We were at the home of one of the couples this past Sunday after church and both of the women prayed with me regarding finding God's perfect home and could so relate to the importance of needing it to be SOLELY from the Lord ! You definetly don't want to conguer up a great home in a new country.... the best option is always God's option and thanks to the prayers of many I believe that we are on our way. We meet with the real estate agent to check out about 4 more places (which is amazing that we have the chance to see SO MANY homes) THIS Saturday. And so it contnues.... the house hunting. I'll keep you posted. 
One other request before I get on with lots of photos for you *** Could you please pray regarding our newsletter mailout. Our internet connection is HORRIBLE. I have had the computer on for the last 4 hours waiting for a connection to type this and check email. I am really feeling awful that I cannot update our support family . I simply have only a few minutes with either a connection or very little TIME to walk to the cafe to work on it. Our kids can get away with leaving for hours and hanging out up there but it is almost impossible for me to get away at all right now. So... would you pray that I will recieve the time to work on this very BIG task ( our addresses have aparently gotten jumbled up and so it will take time to sort them out) and second that I would recieve the burden lifted from this issue. I'm just really having a hard time releasing it to the Lord. THANK YOU!!!! 
So, some photos of our time here in June . I can't believe that we are 6 days away from being in Guatemala for a month. Amazing ! 


3 comments:

georgiamom said...

Funny! I LOVE reading your updates. I know it must be hard, but keep them coming!!

Warden's said...

Melinda! WE have been thinking about you guys so much this week! It's been crazy as we have officially moved out of the condo and are 'moved in' with John's family...and we are in phoenix right now. (Long story). Anyway, it is so neat to see how God has brought those families into your lives. And I KNOW he will direct your paths to not just a great house but a wonderful HOME for you all. Once you get settled into GC you might find that your internet connection is better? Will pray that it will be. Mostly for selfish reasons as we NEED to be able to Skype!! :)

marriedsinglemom said...

maybe that explains why the emails i have been sending are coming back to me? when you get a chance email me or can i call? i'll keep trying to send emails too. missing you so much! lots to update you on. ex. i'm flying to the Netherlands in 2 weeks to meet jason! i will keep you in my prayers...as always. love ya so much!
marty