Monday, June 29, 2009

Just for fun...what do you think?

Just for fun.... we have started to look for the house where we will live for several years (prayerfully so anyway. Contracts are pretty losely written in any foreign country I believe) Anyway, so for the fun of it and due to the enormous stress of it all I thought that I would throw out the question to you all and share some of the STRESS that this is causing me (sort of  kidding but mostely NOT) : 
 
house option 1 : huge house, needs LOTS of work , has a very small yard , a gate , no guard , no neighbors but a school on one side of it

house option 2: smaller house, very tidy and new, neighbors are close enough to sit on a VERY TINY balcony and share a meal with us without ever coming over to our house... we could just sit and pass food, N. American neighbors, guard

Wait you say... we need photos to help make such a decision.... I opted for no photos because that is a little of our life here. You see a home that you like after you've tracked down somebody that knows somebody so you could get in to see it and then you've found another somebody with a house and so on.... after two or three houses you get them all mixed up but there is no "agent " to get you back in , etc..... and so you're left with your mind all crazy because you have so many other things to consider other than the actual house... I could go on but for the fun of it  WHAT DO YOU THINK? ... opt 1 or 2

7 comments:

Jennifer said...

I don't know!!! Did you go visit both and have a 'feeling' about one or the other? I am thinking 2...mainly because I like the guard option! :-)

Melissa said...

I vote for the smaller house.
You have a big family, but it seems like the older 3 are rarely all at home at the same time. I think the neighbors and the newness of it will be really helpful in your transition, too. A 'fixer upper' in a foreign country might prove to be a HUGE waster of time & resources.
I'll pray that the Lord will lead you to HIS decision-- can't wait for an update :-)

picturesofhisgrace said...

I say #2 because it is less to keep up with and having neighbors would be great. I say this probably because our house is big and somedays I wish it were a lot smaller when it comes to cleaning. And then living out in the country away from town, I am a little uneasy at night when Kevin has to work nights. I will be praying that the Lord leads you to the right one! Glad you all are doing well. I have been reading the blog. I just don't always stop to comment. Love you guys!

Brooke said...

I don't know you but I got your blog info from Robbin, whom I have become friends with over the last year.
Anyhow, I say Option #2! You never know how you might influence those neighbors and in my opinion, a smaller house allows for a closer (emotionally) family. :)And the guard is a bonus!

Brooke

Anonymous said...

My vote is for option #2 because of safety with a guard and not having to work on your house. But, what I think I need and what God knows I need are two different things. I will pray for you in this matter. Our group met tonight at Panera. Stephanie filled us in on you as much as she could. We are praying for your family.

TPreston said...

So, it's 3 days later...have you already decided? Having lived overseas, my vote is for #2 also--for the safety of things (guard, neighbors, etc). What do the kids think? Even though it's smaller than house #1, does it have enough space for your family? What about closeness to things like the market? :) Can't wait to find out where you will be! LOVE YOU!

lori said...

Just for FUN... I would say it would be a lot more FUN to move into a house that is new and doesn't require a lot of work - leaving more time for FUN. Plus, a smaller house takes less time to clean - again - allowing for more FUN!