Wednesday, June 17, 2009

This is the "outside" in the "inside" of our house. It is very peaceful out here at night. There are a lot of lights out there and it is a great place to just come in and sit after the CRAZINESS of LANGUAGE SCHOOL.
These photos do not do the McDonalds here any justice at all. This bench is in a garden that is groomed by an employee that wears pleated pants, a starched shirt and tie. Why? because GOOD jobs are VALUABLE here and this is considered a top notch job for sure! 
One of the many cozy areas at the McDonalds. It still cracks me up to think that I retreat to Mickey - D's to catch up on the day with David and the kids when they pick me up from language school. It is honestly SO peaceful and beautiful ! You'll just have to come and see it for yourself -smile
La casa . 
This is our home temporarily while we study our Espanol through the summer. This is a very peaceful place to retreat to as well after the craziness of the crowded streets . 

Antigua is surrounded by several volcanoes. This is the volcano Agua. Our van driver drove is to this lookout spot Sunday after church. I thought that you would enjoy seeing it because it looks out over all of Antigua. I love this picture and have dubbed it my "prayer pic" because it covers the people that God has sent us to for the days ahead. 



2 comments:

Lauren said...

Melinda, I was so glad to catch up with y'all through the blog! I haven't been reading blogs much lately, and I didn't even think I would read anything new on yours for a while. But, what a surprise!!! It sounds like everyone is doing great and I am so happy to hear that! Please tell ALL of the children that The Brewsters say "hello" and we are very proud to call you all our friends. Mark and I were talking about visiting y'all sometime. It looks gorgeous there! I would love to hear more about hiking the volcano. I think about y'all all the time (especially walking in our yard and seeing all of the different flowers blooming). I cannot wait for your next post! We will be praying for your family. Love you all, LPB

Amy Davis said...

Hey Evans!! SO GOOD to see pics of your everyday life. Hope the first week of language school is going well...praying you ALL will catch on quickly and will enjoy your new language.
Talked with Cristin this week about missing yall...David, she has to drive by your parents daily...at least all the missing is making us pray!
Talking alot to the girls about coming to Guatemala...they seem excited...praying for best time, etc.
Our little home construction project should be underway soon, Lord willing. Most of the 'stuff' in our attic is now downstairs...I'm reflecting often on the 'why are we saving this?' Something you all know too well.
Please hug Greyson, Cooper, Jacob, Eli, Tyler and Sarah Joy for us...would love a mailing address soon!
Headed to St. Simons Sunday...the cross, Melinda is hanging over my sink...Rob prayed over yall yesterday afternoon when he looked at it...great reminder!
Blessings, sweet family, in the name of our very gracious and loving Lord!!