Friday, October 31, 2008

Love...It's a GOD Thing!

Whew! Where do the days go? Seriously. Where did last Monday go , much less yesterday? With life seemingly to be going by so quickly I can do, do, do until I've filled up my day and never get "done". HOWEVER, I can say that the things that I consume my days with are different than they have EVER been before. Oh, I have done some of my things before on occasions when they have been socially expected or when I just happened to have a few extra hours (rare with 6 children) but there is something so special about this season in our life that I never dreamed would be the most glorious of these days. What days? These days of wrapping up living here in the United States. No, we have no news on dates, no unannounced news but with the holidays on us we are keenly aware that this will be our last Thanksgiving, Christmas, Easter, home school year with a library accessible (sounds dumb but HUGE), last round of birthdays here, youth group, children's choir, our new SMALL group and Bible study groups......ahhhh.....honestly, it can take your breath. The ONLY thing that makes seeing the end of things coming is the hope that God WILL give us BEAUTIFUL and FULFILLING new "things". So, the thing that is so special about these days that we are living in is the unjaded love that we have for the SO MANY that we are blessed to be getting to know and those that we have known for years. Our friends stay so close to our hearts that you just make time to text and say I love you... you call and make a point to get lunch on the calendar, you drive in the car and think of the beauty that they add to your life and the richness that comes from the few minutes you're together. I , personally, am learning that true love for someone comes not from the time you share as much as the time that you've invested. The time spent in prayer for the other and the words of encouragement are much more valuable than the coffee at Starbucks or the soup at Duffy's(however, both are WONDERFUL). Our most beautiful friendships are the ones that are hundreds, thousands and tenths of a mile away. They are the people that PRAY for us, financially support us, hang out with us......God spoke to me so sweetly just the other day about a special person in my life. We are not together often at all HOWEVER she is on my heart regularly and I LOVE to watch Jesus being lived out in a very real fashion in her life. I feel like in these GREAT and ADVENTUROUS days that we are in I am FINALLY realizing what it is about LOVE that brings so many people into itself in our lives ....it's just GOD. His beautiful plan for community and a sense of family that ties us all together and will make worship what he has planned for us in heaven .... it's just God and his love working itself out in our lives and the lives of those around us EVERY day. Who do you love? Did you tell them today?

If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and surrender my body to the flames, but have not love, I gain nothing.
1 Corinthians 13:1-3

Love,
Melinda

No comments: