Thursday, October 16, 2008

Psalm 18 :28-36


28 You, O Lord, keep my lamp burning; my God turns my darkness into light.

29 With your help I can advance against a troop; with my God I can scale a wall.

30 As for God, his way is perfect;the word of the Lord is flawless. He is a shield for all who take refuge in him.

31For who is God besides the Lord? And who is the Rock except our God?

32 It is God who arms me with strength and makes my way perfect.

33 He makes my feet like the feet of a deer; he enables me to stand on the heights.

34 He trains my hands for battle; my arms can bend a bow of bronze.

35 You give me your shield of victory, and your right hand sustains me; you stoop down to make me great.

36 You broaden the path beneath me, so that my ankles do not turn.


Psalm 18:28-36


Yesterday a dear friend found out that her husband has cancer . I cannot say a word that has any value above the value of our Fathers word and so that is where I went this morning and found this great nugget of truth for my soul. My prayer is that it will encourage you and speak to your soul as well. When we feel like we can not do anything it is imperative to remember that God can do it all! Whatever HIS all is...........we just have to find a place of rest in that.


Trust and obey, for there's no other way

To be happy in Jesus, than to trust and obey.


My deepest love goes out to those who are hurting today. Just remember vrs 29... with my God I can scale a wall...even if the wall is cancer.


Peace,

Melinda

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Just checking in to tell you that what you spoke to me yesterday re: being a dandelion had a huge impact on me. I blogged about it last night. What an GREAT word for my life. Thanks for being quite the dandelion yourself!

Bringing Love to Life said...
This comment has been removed by the author.