Sunday, March 29, 2009

Moving Day ! (again)

" Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven , where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is , there your heart will be also."

That's right ... today, the Evans are on the move ( again ). We are officially homeless and unemployed as of today. We are moving in with David's parents and will be with them while we're between places as we go to field training in Colorado and raise our last bit of support.We own only the items that will go to Guatemala, Colorado and those things that are to sentimental to sell. Is it hard ? no, not really.It is strange and the strangeness of it all can bring tears to my eyes and cause me to take a deep breath. HOWEVER, when I take on the perception that Christ offers me in Matthew.... it's all rubbish and my eternal home is secure. It was bought with blood and established through salvation in Jesus. Things of this earth will come and go BUT nothing can cause the glory of the Lord to be tainted and if I seek out him alone and his ways then I am the richest girl in the world ! Not to mention owner of VERY valuable real estate in HEAVEN ! 

Praying that you'll be there too,
M

1 comment:

Jen said...

HI - I just found you here in the blogosphere, and I thought I'd join your family for your immersion into missionary work. Wow - how exciting for you. At one point in my life, I dreamed of doing the same; in fact, I have done short missionary stints with youth groups to Honduras and Mexico, and a year and a half in the Philippines. However, now as a married woman with 4 children, we perceive our mission field to be here in our home and community.

I look forward to experiencing missionary work vicariously through your family!