Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Where We've Been


I thought that it would be funny to title this "Where We've Been " and then confess to having NO IDEA where all we've been !!!!  I (Melinda) got taken away for a weekend in St. Simons by precious friends, my husband sent me away for a weekend  ALL BY MYSELF ( for the first time ever in 37 years.....18 years of married life - I'm not kidding ) , Tyler turned 6 years old, we've had our phone services changed over, water delivery canceled, packing up for Guatemala, Colorado and the things (very few things ) that I would call "keepsakes", raising support, and saying goodbyes to friends out of town....whew !!!! I have shed so many tears and am thinking that I have run out of them ! 

Support update : As of this past Monday we are at 86.1 % of our monthly support !!! This is HUGE... Just last week we were at 81 % . PLEASE pray that the Lord will continue to bring this last support in. We have heard from our organization that once we're at 100% we can be in Guatemala in 30 days !!!!!! It is so hard to comprehend that after aprox. 10 years of feeling the Lord call us into foreign missions we are within only a few months of actually landing (literally) there. We will be at field training until May and then on a family vacation until the end of May and so we are hoping to prayerfully be in Guatemala in June ! 

Thanks for stopping in and catching up . I hope that this didn't come across as to blah blah blah but it has been very good for me to type this out and realize why I just took a 2 hour nap today (smile ) ! 

Peace, 
M

1 comment:

The Warden Family said...

Love what you have done with your blog! It looks great! You guys are SO close to be 100%. Praying for those last few percentage points. Can't wait to catch up more in Colorado!! (Is it really just two weeks away!!!)