Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Part 2 ...after the break




Everyone managed to be held "captive" by the snacks and fellowship. We all gathered around to see the candle come out of the mold.


This is the lady who is taking on the leadership in this project. She was so very excited to be the one to pull the candle out of the mold.


Ta- dahhhh


I was so proud of Odellia who taught this class in Ixel after only learning herself the day before. She is amazing ! They were ALL so amazed that this "really " worked and that they could DO THIS Project !! I wish that you could all have been there... what a great moment for me. I've NEVER witnessed something so simple to me be so life changing for another. very humbling experience.


This is David on the right. He is an FH staff person in the field. This is his community of people that he works with everyday. At the end of the candle making class we drew names to see which two women would get to take the candles home with them. This is one of the women on the left who won a prize that day...personally, I think we all came away with something new and beautiful.


This is a group photo of everyone of the women (and their children) who participated in the candle making class.... aren't they LOVELY!!!!

2 comments:

Fishers of Women said...

Hi Melinda!! Would you please email me? I don't know how to contact you anymore and I miss talking to you SOOOO much! Email me at dawn@healinghannah.com. Love you!

Jennifer said...

Love this! The joy on their faces and the sweet pride on yours is awesome!