Friday, October 1, 2010

Welcome to Paradise......

ok... so, we're probably NOT in paradise (that , in my opinion actually will come after life here has fleeted) and every hour is NOT all happy BUT it is with great wonder, joy and awe that TODAY this sign felt appropriate . When I found this sign in a little quiet spot in the middle of nowhere, life to me at the moment was far from paradise and every hour felt like 10 on a treadmill going much faster than my legs could ever move. Today, is exciting! We have nothing going on (that's exciting) ... it's FRIDAY( that's exciting) ... Cooper is no longer in the city but instead only a mile or so from our house now with friends who love Jesus (that's exciting) ... Cooper loves to be independent and loves Jesus (that's exciting )... Jacob is training and stretching his body to lift and be incredibly fit before he leaves for school very soon. He looks great and his dicipline with food and training has left me speechless at times PLUS he loves Jesus (that's exciting ) ... I dyed Graces hair a redish -brown color the other day. This was my first time to even crack open the box of hair color and I didn't ruin it.. her hair looks amazing. She loves Jesus (that's exciting) .... David is dying to have a moto here in Guatemala and I was able to lean over in church this past Sunday and in an instant share with him that I no longer held that in fear.. If he wanted a moto (motorcycle) have at it ..with JOY (that's exciting).... and so , as usual, it is in the little things that God is moving like rushing water in our lives... his grace and vision for our family comes down the river and hits the rocks of doubts , splashes and flies up into the air with a great hushing sound and when it comes down it lands on our lives with a resounding crash of accuracy and intention...... we serve no small God amen? ! And so I leave you with this cozy little sign that I found in the middle of nowhere .... WELCOME TO PARADISE..WHERE IT'S ALWAYS HAPPY HOUR ~ at least in the perspective of eternity and isn't that what this is all for anyway ? !

3 comments:

stephanye said...

Hey,
I'm back. I'll catch up, soon.

Love you bunches!

Mom of Eleven said...

(I posted this to yours on my blog, but wanted you to get it here too!!) Miss you!

So good to hear from you!! I miss seeing all of your faces at church. We pray for you often and think of you always!!

Tabitha loved her time in Guatemala. . . so happy the group got to come!!

Miss you all, praying for safety and God's work to be done!
W

Jennifer said...

What a great update. :-)