Thursday, October 14, 2010

This morning I woke up at the VERY early hour of 4:45 -ish. This has become a regular thing for me for about the past 8 or 9 months. I get up every morning drink coffee, read the Bible , journal, pray and generally get my brain collected before my 3 " tornados " rise (smile) .... Usually, I have my water that I drink before my coffee (FYI : it takes 2 cups of water to hydrate yourself for every 1 cup of coffee..important info for us high altitude gals addicted to coffee) and I didn't do that last night. So , this morning I wondered down stairs , in the dark, eyes VERY much still closed... took a mason jar (couldn't find my water bottle in the dark) and filled it with water...in theory it should have been clean... it was sitting with the clean dishes anyway.... Slowly, I am drinking my water, sitting under my comfy quilt, warming myself by my lamp (smile..it's cold here in the morning) , my eyes are opening.... i've drank all but the last inch of water in my little jar and YIKES ...there is a WORM IN MY WATER ! YUCK!!!!!!! That'll start your day off weird... I was rushed with thoughts of....was he alone in there? what kind of worm is he? We generally have to deworm ourselves from the food here but we NEVER have to see the worm ! ... YUCK!!! Well, tornado #1 wakes up , aka Tyler, I told him about my worm.. he checks it out....(long pause)..... hummm..... long pause again.... " i think your okay mom for 2 reasons.... he's just a baby and i think he's only sleeping" .... oh!!! okay..... boy, i wish i'd spent the last 2 hours thinking of it like that Tyler.... my stomach would have settled long ago....

No wonder God ask his children to walk in faith like that of a child... if a worm in your glass can be justified because of size and stillness... just think what our REALLY BIG issues in life would look like if we just took a long pause and saw them through the eyes of a child.... we'd probably end up with a really DIFFERENT perspective....

Here's to" baby" worms and only "sleeping" insects in a jar full of potential for your day ,

aks.... the 3 tornados... they appear very calm don't they ? 
Mel

4 comments:

stephanye said...

Beautiful little guys. SJ has grown some more:)

Are you sure you were drinking water?LOL

Stephanie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Stephanie said...

Melinda, I have wondered how you've been for years! I ran across Wesley's picture on Facebook the other day, friend-requested him, and sent him an email to see how he is and to find out about you. I've often thought about you and how much fun we used to have as kids going to Six Flags with my family in the summers, going to your church lock-ins, and playing in your treehouse. Those days seem like a lifetime ago! Anyway, Wesley told me that you are in Guatemala and I was blown away! I am amazed and so proud for you! Anyway, I sent you a friend request and was looking around what I could see of your facebook page and saw the link to your blog. Boy, I can't wait to sit down and read through it. Well, I won't continue rambling on here in the comment section because my ramblings would probably turn into a book. Just check your Facebook page sometime and shoot me an email. I'll be living vicariously through your blog in the meantime and I hope to reconnect with you. I can honestly say that you were the best friend I ever had and I am so sad that we lost touch after we left Alto Park and went our separate ways into the big world of high school. I miss you!

Blessings to you and your beautiful family, and I hope to hear from you soon!

Stephanie Brewer-Stewart

stephanye said...

M- How are you? It's fall and the leaves are gorgeous out here in our very own backyard wilderness.

Have ya'll dried out.

I miss you! I'm hungry for some good Guatemalan food. And, for lots of laughter with you.

Love you