Monday, October 4, 2010

Yes ! Here Comes the Sun....

Here comes the sun, here comes the sun,
and I say it's all right
Little darling, it's been a long cold lonely winter
Little darling, it feels like years since it's been here
Here comes the sun, here comes the sun
and I say it's all right
Little darling, the smiles returning to the faces
Little darling, it seems like years since it's been here
Here comes the sun, here comes the sun
and I say it's all right
Sun, sun, sun, here it comes...
Little darling, I feel that ice is slowly melting( the mud is finally drying and damaged highways are being repaired) 
Little darling, it seems like years since it's been clear
Here comes the sun, here comes the sun,
and I say it's all right
It's all right.. 

That's right... it's a little bit o' Beatles this morning here in Guatemala. Celebrating the beginning of summer here.. yep, that's right .. schools are out for summer break this Friday. Just in time to celebrate "All Saints Day" ( story for another blog) , Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years .... kinda weird huh for those of us who are used to fireplaces, winter coats and the flu shot about right now.... Unashamedly , I leave you with this song in your head for the rest of the day to please remember our country as we recover from our "rain season". We have had the worst season in the recorded history of Guatemala. SO MANY have lost their home, lively hood, hope, etc. David was telling me over the weekend that it has been so damaging that Food for the Hungry is looking into restructuring our outreach to the communities because SO MANY of our families simply will not be able to provide food to sustain their families,...ie, children and elderly will suffer the quickest and most tragically. 

So... coming to the Lord with great JOY for what has been done here in Guatemala, what he is doing in Guatemala, and what is to come here in Guatemala... I leave you with a little diddy from the eight track days... if you don't know what an 8 track is ....well, find it on I Tunes and enjoy! 
* pink is my paraphrase in attempt for it to apply to Guatemala* all in fun....

Sunbathing in Guate (spiritually speaking anyway...i'm actually fixing to start a little CRAZY LOVE Bible study with my older guys... it's gonna be a great day ! )~ M

1 comment:

stephanye said...

Yeah, so glad the sun is shining on your part of the world. Last night, I about froze sitting out at a softball game. It's time to get out some socks and some jackets.

I have the last chapter to finish in Crazy Love. RY took my copy:)

Love you,