Thursday, August 27, 2009

WE'VE MADE OUR MOVE ....and survived !

That's right ! The Evans have a new home in Guate. I still do not have the photos to upload YET but will do that soon. I have to figure out for our security purposes the best way to do it so that you can share visually in our joy without causing possible headaches later. So, please bear with me as I make our security transition as well as our physical transition - gracias !

Well, where to start ! We have been spinning around like a tornado (although we don't have those ....that I'm aware of here in Guatemala) since we made our move and David and Jacob returned from the states. Which brings up a good point to mention...we now have a new driver in our family. Yes, Jacob has received his LEARNERS license while in the states and now we have potentially FOUR people in our family who could be killed in a car accident while DRIVING a vehicle now. smile- it's a morbid statement but all I can say is ....ya just gotta live here to get it ! Life has little to no value and art of patience is like out of date milk.....no one wants to touch it. The driving conditions here are awful and we would be grateful for your prayers in this area . One thought that I had is making a coupon type photo in our newsletter for folks to cut out and tape to their dash boards of their own vehicle to remember our safety daily while driving the streets. Our children are going to have to be on the road as well. David and I just cannot get everyone around that needs transportation so this is a risk for the children as well. What do you think about that? Do you think that people would cut it out and use it ?

David and Jacob had an amazing time in the states. They were exhausted when they returned here. Another note of prayer....When David arrived back in Guatemala he dropped Jacob off at our church for a concert that he was playing in. David was VERY tired and had some small issues at the airport (visa related) .. small but stressful... and he had been up since about 3 or 4 in the morning. This was about 2 in the afternoon that he was traveling home in a friends van. The traffic was moving VERY slow which is a common occurrence IF it is not giving the impression of a ride at SIX FLAGS and so as he tinkered along until he eventually pulled up next to the cause. A man had been hit by a car and was lying dead in the highway. Due to the traffic being at a dead still David was caused to be sitting next to what he described as a man looking like " a dead animal " in the road. I say that so graphic so that you can understand David's emotional state when he arrived home. For several days he had this image. Please pray for him and his rest these days. He is sleeping fine now and although we are unsure of what purpose it served for him to see that ...we know that God WILL use it. Peace will come. Only days later, near our home a woman was killed in the same manner. She was also hit by a car after returning home from ministering to her pastor who was ill in his home. Please pray for the gospel of JESUS alone to rapidly spread in this nation and in particular on Rosevelt Hwy....
Life can be gone so quickly ! There is such an urgency.

I have so much more to add but I want to have you check in again.... OH BIG NEWS..... I am IN MY HOME AND ON LINE at the SAME TIME!!!!!! I haven't had to buy time, a coke or a meal for you to receive news from us. So, hopefully a newsletter will be out quickly and our support and prayer team informed very soon ! We (I ) have had some very sad days here with some adjustment issues. Our life, as expected , is very different in the city. Praise be to God !.... I am feeling so much better these days and expect things to continue to be on the up hill! Thanks for lifting us up to the Lord! We FEEL the presence of your petitions at work in our lives!
Melinda

5 comments:

Melissa said...

I think the driving/prayer coupon would be a great idea-- do it! do it! If you're looking for a verse, there's a Psalm/Proverb that says "The Lord watches over our comings and goings." Can't remember which one, though....

georgiamom said...

So glad you have internet in your house---I am loving keeping up with you. I am going to use a sticky note until you get your driving/prayer reminder out!

Anonymous said...

I would totally put a coupon on my dash to remember you in our prayers specifically in the area of safety while driving/riding.

Thankful you are in your home and praying God continues to give you mercy, grace, and peace.

Warden's said...

Hey Melinda! My Spanish teacher is late (very late) but the blessing is that I am stuck waiting with a computer!!! So fun to catch up on your blog. We have been praying for your family almost every night. Congrats on moving to your permanet place. We will offically spend the night in our new place this weekend. It´s amazing how much having a permanent place just makes you feel a bit more like you are at home. (Or at least you have a place that you can make "home".) Hope to have internet in our home by the end of the month...we will see.

Jennifer said...

I,too, love the driving coupon idea. I would use it. I like M's idea of making one with a sticky note. I will make my own now!