Thursday, April 16, 2009

Do You Remember ....?

Do you remember when the shortage of fuel had people backed up for miles at a single gas station and the gas rates were outrageous? Everyone seemed to be very intentional to find a line and to stay until they had received all of the fuel that they needed. Even if you needed 1/2 a tank, we all were more likely to "top it off" and run with a full tank. Do you remember? I have tried and tried to think of some analogy to bring you that could even begin to attempt to describe the place (spiritually speaking ) that we are at and that's all that I've got.... the gas challenge. For David and I this journey has been much like those very long lines. The objective was to receive fuel but we have had to wait..and wait .... and wait... to receive the ONLY thing that can sustain us on the field... God's word, encouragment from people in the same place as us, crisis managment, cross cultural simulations, a group of people who are also worshiping our Lord in their native tounge for the last weeks ...many of us for what will be a long time. Ahhhhhh, we have made it to the pump... fuel at last! There is nothing else here... at the gas station when you arrive at the pump there is no soda, no candy, no movie rentals....only gas.... Here, we have come to Colorado and the Lord has provided us his intentional, passionate, personal, international , flavorful, affectionate love. Fill us Lord. May we accept no substitute for what you desire to charge us up with. 

Words to a song that I was listening to this morning......." I'm deep in love with you Lord. I'm deep in love with you precious Jesus. I'm deep in love with you my precious Savior. You are the lover of my soul. I'm deep in love with you Lord."

Our family has been stretched and challenged beyond what I thought that we could endure emotionally. God has shown us otherwise. Not only has he allowed the stretch but he has provided the intensity and we are different people because of it. This journey to Colorado has been painful at times and equally more valuable than any treasure on this earth. We are grateful for the love of those who have done this for us and seen the value in preparation for the journey to come. I am truely left speachless at the generosity of so many and the love of my Savior that he would value this gift and extend it to us so that we have SOOO much more to offer the communities of Guatemala. 

Stopping in to fill er' up, 
me

No comments: