Thursday, April 9, 2009

Sharing My Heart...

I y will try my best to get some photos uploaded for all of the people like me who love to LOOK into the lives of those blogging but for this morning I wanted to share with you my heart. I hope that this copy  from my journal will incline you to sit with Jesus today. For every moment that we sit there are moments where we will never be the same. 

April 9,2009
We are here in Colorado Springs, Colorado. Today, we have awakened to the dawn of the day that we have anticipated greatly. No, not Guatemala. Training. What is "field training"? Why does it take 4 weeks? What do you have for us Lord? What do you have for our children ? Will we leave here so very different than how we arrived? Can you use someone like me here in this amazing place? Will I be able to retain anything while doing my "normal" mommy stuff?  Will I be able to meet all of David's needs while we're away from our home? (whatever and wherever that is- smile) Will I be able to be a vessel of encouragement for my children or will I be a distraction to the work that you Lord want to do in their lives? I see our older children becoming a little stressed.. what will you do Lord to ease their hurts and why's ? Tend to us, our Shepard. We do not desire to stray from you Lord and yet the flesh is so weak BUT we are strong in your Spirit Lord ! We have been bought with a cross ! With the blood our your SON , our Savior, Jesus ! Thank you for these things that I do not deserve and am in awe of today ! You are amazing Lord. 
*Psalm 119: 133-134 .... Direct my footsteps according to your word; let NO sin rule over me. Redeem me from the oppression of men, that I may obey your precepts. 

This is such a good word for me today because I fall to the oppression and negligent heart of men around me INCLUDING AND FIRST ,MY OWN..I am reminded today that the oppression of others is merely an opportunity to CHOOSE joy over defeat. I believe that our lifestyle messages can be greater than our spoken words at times. When we live out the words spoken of the Lord then others around us will be moved to explore in their hearts the difference that exists in my life. If I desire to make a difference at this temporary place than I must CHOOSE joy and peace while excepting trials and trusting Jesus to work it all out to his glory ! Then I will meet my Savior and understanding will be mine to have. Let me live here Lord among joyful peace not needing to know all of the why's and why not's . Lord, I love you. Holy Spirit, I trust you. God , you are my father and I worship you in my love and devotion to you alone. 
Amen-

Sharing my heart , 
melinda 

1 comment:

georgiamom said...

So glad you are updating. Praying for you and your sweet family.