Thursday, April 2, 2009

A Calming in the Storm

Just a quick little word from the beach. We had terrible weather today and were under a tornado warning most of the day. I called to the front desk to ask the sweet lady what the protical was for a tornado and she assured me that we were safe "UP " (literally) in our room. She said that our windows (large windows) would withstand winds up to 160 miles an hour. I called home and asked my sweet husband if that sounded smart to him. He gave me the sign off to stay in our room and so we did. Both of us ( Gracie and I ) were still nervous. The waves were really large and the sky was VERY black. There was thunder and lightning ..... so we prayed. During our prayer I was reminded that the Lord knew that we were here...not just at the beach but he knows the very room that we are in, he has allowed the storm to rage, he knows that we girls have come to his feet to ask for mercy and peace during this scary time and do you know what he allowed us to do while it blew over? ....sleep ...yep. A 4 hour nap (smile) ..... A great lesson in letting go happened today. Now if I can just go home and apply that to packing. Living life under the shadow of God provides not only assurance of my eternal home but peace in the craziness of life here.......waves, heavy wind, black skies, lightning.....there is always rest in Jesus. 

Peace,
m

2 comments:

Jen said...

My neighbor has a little plaque in her kitchen that reads, "Sometimes the Lord calms the storm. Sometimes he lets the storm rage and calms his child." Sounds like you experienced the latter. Very cool.

God bless,
Jen

Kelly said...

Girlfriend-happy belated birthday to you and Gracie. I emailed you don't know if you got it. Is it still the same or do you not use it? Love the pictures-I hope you had good days at the beach too-i can not imagine you and the girls by yourself during that storm! Miss you-never done this before-don't know if you'll get it. write me back. love ya, kelly